Beautiful

Posted on January 16th, 2013

My wife has lost all the hair on her head.

The operations have left several large scars on her body.

She is very, very thin. Not in the coveted “super-model” way.

Yet with everything that this disease and its treatments have thrown at her, I think she is the most beautiful being on the face of the Earth.

There is nothing that could ever compare to her smile. I look at her and despite what’s  going on, she can make me feel better with that smile.

Her eyes have a glow behind them full of kindness. Her smile can light up a room and make the coldest, darkest day of winter seem like a warm, sunny day at the beach.

When I first moved to Neve Daniel, I used to boast that I had the best view in the world. My bedroom window faces out on the rolling hills of Judea. On a clear day, you could see all the way from Tel Aviv to Ashkelon. Every now and then, you could make out ships on the Mediterranean.

But then an apartment building was put up across the street, and I lost the view.

But that’s o.k.

Because I still wake up to the most beautiful view in the world.

And I don’t even need to look outside.

No related content found.

Comments

1. Mark Ferneau says:

Yarden – thank you for writing (and sharing) this beautiful post.

2. Marci Wiesel says:

Purely beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

3. Linda Dempster says:

Yes, she is more beautiful than ever!!!!

4. Erika says:

Stella is beautiful inside and out! Loveable and full of life!

5. Melinda Ribner says:

Thank you for opening my heart and reminding me of the power of love. I have a little Torah for you. In last week’s Torah portion, God was revealed as YKVK. This name was not known to the Patriarchs. They had no need of this revelation, but the Jewish people in Egypt and today need this Name. This is the revelation of the God of miracles. May you and your wife continue to experience miracles. Thank you for sharing your heart with so many. Many blessings, Melinda Ribner

6. Karen Schwartz says:

Yarden: We have been following Stella’s fight. We’re thinking of you and Stella.
    Karen and Wayne Schwartz

what a lovely post-like sunshine on this 4th day in a row of Maryland rain!
    We all share the beautiful view of Stella. When you guys were here, it was nice to just bask in the glow.

8. Haya says:

Yes you are right she is beautiful inside and out
    May Hashem grant you with tons of simcha as you give to the world around you

9. Lori and Eric says:

always beautiful Stella, inside and out. thank you Stella for your beautiful smile!! xx

10. A Soldier's Mother says:

I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting Stella but yes, from the pictures you post, I believe she has the most amazing smile and, though you may not want to hear this – I think she is as lucky to have you loving her, as you are to have her loving you. May you continue to share those wonderful morning views every day for the next…oh…I don’t know – 70 years…and even more…

11. Ros Hadfield says:

Such a beautiful post.

May Hashem smile on both of you, and bless your family.

12. From my heart says:

I lost my darling husband, Z”L ravaged by cancer, one year ago this month. I feel your pain. There are no words. He, too, smiled and joked all the time. Whenever someone would ask how he was, the answer was always the same “fantastic!” Blessings to you and your family.

13. Samara Berger says:

Yarden, that is probably the most romantic thing a man could ever say to his wife. May Hashem bless you both. Davening for a full recovery for Stella. You are always in our thoughts.

14. Laurie Roberts says:

The love you share radiates with your words and Stella’s smile. Absolutely beautiful!

15. Ron says:

I have prostate cancer, and I am home bound. I hesiated to ask for prayer, because I have the internet connection with the outside world, I still long for being part of a greater Isreali communnity, closer where we share things like what has happened to me, and the man’s wife. I know people care.

16. Ruth S. says:

Yes, Stella is beautiful in every way… and your not so bad yourself!